CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Winter is Here!


Well actually it has been here for quite awhile now. Turns out that Ann Arbor on average has colder temperatures and more precipitation than Utah. Who would have thought? Everyone as been saying watch out for the Michigan winters!! Art and I have been a little miffed, thinking hello, we just moved from Utah(best snow on earth). I am beginning to see what they mean and it really hasn't even been a month.....argggg. Florida will be a wonderful, welcomed move. (Besides having to leave family!)
Along with winter comes FINALS. Finals are here for Art and basically we get to see him for 2 hours a day, for the past 3 weeks and following one week.(Which is probably why I am writing more then usual on my blog and straying from the main objective of this blog which is the Brown Boys.) Good Luck Art!
The biggest thing for the boys right now is Christmas coming, seeing cousins, and Thomas the train. That is the main topic of all conversation in our house.
On a more positive note, winter and the holidays bring so much joy to our family. The joys of hearing from and remembering friends that we love and miss, seeing family and creating wonderful new memories together, and clearly the joy of giving that reminds us of our Savior, who has given the most wonderful gift to all. I speak of the gift of his perfect love for each of us. I know that he truly did die for us, so that we might be given the opportunity to find peace and joy in this life and in the life to come.
In these memories and joys we welcome winter and all its cold, wet, frostiness!

9 comments:

coltandmartha said...

You know what I can drive down and see you if you would like? Colt and I really miss you guys and now that we are unpacked and build the rooms and the bathrooms are done we can see you guys. If that is okAY.

I Am Frugal said...

Hey Sierra,
I just wanted to tell you that your boys are SO CUTE! I can't believe how fast Wesley is growing up! I hope you guys are doing well. We miss having you guys in the ward. If you ever get bored you can take a look at our blog and see what we are doing, pettingillspage.blogspot.com.

Also, sometime when you get the chance could I get that recipe of the beans and peas or whatever it is that is SO YUMMY recipe from you. I think you have my email address. If you don't leave me a comment and my blog and let me know.

Thanks

Erin Pettingill

Powells said...

Great page! Its neat that a bunch of Californians have moved to the north east! But you said something about Florida? When will that be happening? I would love to go their. I am a worm weather girl, Idaho is cold too. Cold gets old, faster than the warm does. Anyway, cute boys!! Love, Janess

Erin said...

Hey Sierra,
It is Erin again! I have a question for you. John has just decided to go to law school and we want to go this coming fall. How did you guys figure out about the schools you applied for and how were you able to apply in the summer when most of the applications are due in February!


If you have any advice I would really appreciate it.

Erin Pettingill
pettingillspage.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sierra
This is Leslie Wilson here. I didn't know you lived in Ann Arbor! Dave sister, Jennifer Gaskin and her husband Nathaniel, and two little kids, Evelyn (4) and Elijah (2), just moved there in September. I wonder if they're in your stake or even ward. You should look them up. They're super fun to hang out with.Funny thing is....they were the ones that lived in the bottom part of the same house you lived in, in Provo, before the Hecks moved in! Wow! What a coincidence!

I'm glad I can comment on your blog now. I love seeing the pictures and reading about your adventures. You have a cute. cute family. :) Take care!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Hey Sierra. Just catching up on some blogs (it's been forever). It's so fun to see your boys. I can't believe how much they are growing. And I love how much they remind me of mine...especially Eli with his cars car. That is Parker's FAVORITE toy. :) I LOVED talking to you the other day. Thanks again for calling. Lets do it more often.

Fowler family said...

Sierra,

How are you girl? I found your blog via Erin Atkinson's. How have you been? Are you in Michigan? It looks like our boys are around the same age. Wish you were closer! -Anna (Rampton) Fowler (www.fowlerfam.blogspot.com)

Sarah D said...

Hi Sierra!
I just wanted to let you know we found your blog. Your family is beautiful!

Sarah D said...

Here is our new address
12212 La Lena St. Felton, CA 95018
We love it here and can't believe how lucky we were to be transferred here!